Cappadocia is famous for magnificent valleys and unique formations shaped by the eruptions of three volcanoes; Mount Erciyes
(3,917m), Mount Hasan
(3,263m) and Mount Melendiz
(2,963m). These valleys were used to hide the first churches of Cappadocia carved into fairy chimneys and caves. Our Hiking tours
cover these incredible valleys from spectacular top to wondrous bottom.
Turkish Heritage Travel
organizes private hiking tours
with varying difficulty levels. You can get further information about the valleys below or we can tailor-make your itinerary for you. Email us for more information and to book your tour.
ROSE and RED VALLEYS (2 - 4 HOURS)
is a large valley located between Goreme and Cavusin villages, and it is divided into many smaller valleys: Gulludere
and Zindanonu valleys
. This beautiful valley gets its name from the rose-colored rock that varies in hue and intensity depending on time of day, season and weather conditions. During the hike we will visit several cave churches, cave houses and cave tunnels. Rose Valley has paths for easy, medium and difficult levels. The most common path in the valley takes around 2 hours (3.5 km).
IHLARA VALLEY (2 - 6 HOURS)
The stunning & lush Ihlara Valley
boasts the deepest gorge in Asia Minor. Once the home of monks who instructed Christianity in cave churches – with most of the churches decorated inside with frescoes. The main difference between Ihlara and the other Cappadocian valleys is the Melendiz River which runs from the bottom of the valley in the village of Ihlara and paints the gorge beautiful shades of blue and green.
The total length of the valley is 14 km, and there are three different walking tours available for Ilhara valley.
- 3.5 km hike. Starting at the main gate and walking until Belisirma Village.
- 7 km hike. Starting at the beginning of the valley and walking until Belisirma Village.
- 14 km hike. Starting from the beginning of the valley and walking along the river until Selime Monastery.
OTHER VALLEYS OF CAPPADOCIA
Turkish Heritage Travel is specialized in guided walking tours and offers tours in many different valleys of Cappadocia. Apart from the above valleys, we organize hikes in:
- Pigeon Valley (4km) from Uchisar to Goreme. A moderate walk in a green valley with many different rock formations and hundreds of pigeon houses carved into fairy-chimneys.
- Love Valley (2 km) short and easy hike in a picturesque valley on the way to Goreme Open Air Museum with tall fairy-chimneys.
- Zemi Valley (5 km) from Goreme to Uchisar. A moderate hike in a green valley with wind-eroded volcanic rocks.
- Honey Valley (5 km) starting from Goreme-Cavusin road upto old Uchisar. With one of the most spectacular views of Cappadocia.
- Uzengi Valley (4km) an easy hike from Ortahisar to Urgup-Mustafapasa road in a lush, green valley.
Please send us an email (email@example.com)
to make booking